Tenet Healthcare Clinic Assistant Full Time Days Comprehensive Cancer Center in Palm Springs, California
To support the department team by scheduling patients into the program, providing hard copy documentation of follow-up correspondence, and providing a central resource for patients and other health care facilities and departments.
To assist the department specialists (i.e. RNs, Radiation Therapists, etc.) in monitoring patient status and comfort in order to keep the department functioning smoothly.
These services further the vision of Desert Regional Medical Center to create unique environments, where patients, their families, doctors and staff come together to achieve longer and better lives in the fight against cancer.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• May be responsible for some or all of the following duties:
• Responds to telephone calls from patients, outside agency personnel, and other departments in the host hospital in a timely fashion with accurate, pertinent, and informative answers.
• Maintains patient demographic information in computer [software] to enable scheduling.
• Generates and types correspondence, reports, and other documents as necessary, needed, or requested.
• Screens and recruits patients for grant-funded services and submits appropriate documentation for reimbursement of services.
• Monitors vital signs and intake/output.
• Monitors patient comfort.
• Cleans, restocks supply carts and discards expired items.
• Some clerical duties as needed. Enters charges in SMS, schedules surgeries and obtains authorizations.
• Maintains general orderliness at end of patient day.
• May disinfect IV pumps/equipment.
• Complies with regulatory requirements (i.e. TJC) appropriate for position
• Medical Office Assistant certificate or Diploma
• BLS maintained current at all times
• One (1) year training as medical office assistant or equivalent experience
• Vital Signs
• Universal Precautions
• Body Mechanics
• Telephone Techniques
• Basic Computer Knowledge
• Operation of DataScope and EKG
• Experience with various computer programs, including data bases, Windows XP
• Accurate typing skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Self-starter individual with above-average time-management skills
• Maturity in judgment; open to change
• Ability to use various types of office equipment
• General knowledge of rules of confidentiality/release of information
Organization: Desert Regional Medical Center
Title: Clinic Assistant Full Time Days Comprehensive Cancer Center
Location: CA-Palm Springs
Requisition ID: 1805009461