J&J Family of Companies Supply Chain Data Management Lead – CSS in Irvine, California
Supply Chain Data Management Lead – CSS
Johnson & Johnson’s Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group within Medical Devices is recruiting for a Supply Chain Data Management Lead, located in Irvine, CA.
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Cerenovus, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
This role will be responsible for defining and implementing the end-to-end data maintenance process across Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, and customer facing systems. The role will partner with other functional areas such as Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Procurement, Regulatory Affairs, and other teams in order drive data ownership and a robust data verification processes, supporting the data quality initiative. The role will pursue continuous improvements in data areas across the CSS companies to gain efficiencies and ensure that master data is maintained according to prescribed standards in terms of data accuracy and quality to fully support the business.
• Complete as-is process and landscape assessment
• Understand industry best practices and company standards
• Establish and execute a detailed improvement plan to move business and the quality of data up the curve
• Work with IT and Business on assigned projects with data requirements
• Determine the impact of these Projects to data resources, policies and procedures during all aspects of the project and product lifecycle.
• Ensure assigned project benefits/risks, deliverables and costs are aligned with business expectations.
• Manage assigned projects in relation to deliverables, timelines and budgets. This includes objectives, tasks and deliverables, expenses, staffing assignments, contracted personnel and dependency networks.
• Implement process improvements through introduction of appropriate work flows, data maintenance tools, policies and procedures.
• Contribute to the continued development of MDM policies and procedures.
• Identify and manage critical data management issues and risks
• Ensure compliance with company and security policies and/or SOX requirements.
• Contribute to data quality metrics reporting.
• Troubleshoot data issues, validate result sets, recommend and implement process improvements, provide ad-hoc reports and analysis.
• Facilitate data integrity, alignment and migration in impacted systems.
• Identify and manage critical data issues and risks.
• Contribute to the on-going development of the data processes and tools.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5+ years of relevant experience required
• ERP systems user experience required
• PLM systems user preferred
• Working knowledge of Product Life Cycle Management and its impact on Data required
• Supply chain experience in Medical Device or Pharmaceutical industry preferred
• Working knowledge of Master Data Management required
• Change Management Experience required
• Process Improvement Experience required
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Sound working knowledge of IT Systems, specifically JDE, SAP and/or PLM platforms preferred. This should include practical data inquiry and analysis tools (Intermediate to Advanced).
• Ability to build strong relationships with business partners required
• Ability to effectively manage change, understand and nurture stakeholder management (communication, change impact assessments) required
• Ability to plan for and execute process improvements as well as drive and implement business/data standards required
• Project Management, Supply Chain, Quality and Business Intelligence Experience
• Ability to organize workload, and the capacity to progress a range of tasks and projects at one time.
• Ability to interact with external/internal resources when these roles and capabilities are required to facilitate all aspects of the Data Management strategic objectives.
• The ability to communicate well with the internal team, external organizations and with other JNJ staff at all levels.
• Highly motivated, committed, effective and supportive team member, able to work flexibly, quickly and accurately to tight deadlines.
• Very methodical and accurate, displaying a strong desire for high quality, with attention to detail.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing environments.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficient user of SQL, TOAD, Cognos, and MS Access preferred.
• Requires up to approximately 25% domestic travel at peak times, 10% domestic travel in steady times. Potential for an occasional international trip.
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP)