Stanley Black and Decker OTR Receiving 2nd Shift in Fontana, California
This job involves having a thorough knowledge of all distribution center functions and procedures. Some of these functions include receiving, repack, ups, orderfilling, loading, general housekeeping, palletization, pallet picks, Putaways, shuttles and customer special handling. This job also includes shipping of small package orders such as UPS, FED EX, etc. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needed
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers, by hand or other equipment
- Unload product/freight and sort by pattern
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Other assignment as assigned
- Broad knowledge of methods and procedures used in the various distribution center functions
- General knowledge of distribution center layout.
- Operate powered equipment efficiently and safely.
- Able to work on a forklift for entire shift.
- Ability to work alone in a RDT/Finger Scanner directed job.
- Achieve productivity and quality standards and change assignments as directed.
- Familiarity with product by catalog number and handling characteristics.
- Keep work area clean, free of debris and safe to work in.
- Must have above average attendance, above average response to company requested overtime, and meet all Quality standards.
- Ability to follow both written and verbal instructions and effectively use math and related skills; legible handwriting.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs repeatedly.
- High School or GED required.
- In core program with RoadDogs/Strataforce or Insource.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work involves driving a forklift, walking, lifting continuously, talking, hearing, and using a finger scanner throughout the day. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision of a finger scanner screen and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is in a warehouse distribution setting.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately medium.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Requisition Number: 53126BR
Business: US - GTS - Power Tools SBU